Mercury is always on the lookout for talented and highly energized professionals who are interested in being a part of our dynamic consulting firm. If you are an experienced fleet manager, consultant or industry expert, please complete and submit the form below or email your resume to email@example.com
Fleet Management Information System Administrator
Mercury seeks a System Administrator with experience supporting application end-users and managing a commercial-off-the-shelf fleet management information system (FMIS). This position will also support Mercury’s Cloud services and information technology consulting practice, including providing help desk support, deployment of application features, data integrity checks and resolution, and database management.
The company has immediate openings for an FMIS System Administrator with fleet data analytics, reporting (1) and mainstream BI platform capabilities (2).
- Helpdesk support for Cloud-based and remote FMIS
- Application troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Business process mapping and documentation
- Role-Based end-user training
- Evaluate and test new application releases
- Develop and document use-cases of application features and modules
- Deployment of application features and modules
- Develop SQL queries, database views, stored procedures
- Define and develop reports and key performance metrics
- Export data and develop ad hoc reports
- Modify application global settings and screen designs
- Administer internal application security
- Aggregate appropriate data sets, develop appropriate analytics, statistically control data issues and outliers, leverage industry metrics, produce meaningful management reports, and interpret results
- Database management, including identification of data anomalies and root cause of issue, and define and develop corrective measures
- Define data validation rules and develop queries to identify data exceptions
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideal candidate has 3-5 years’ experience supporting end-users and managing a commercial-off-the-shelf FMIS
- Advanced knowledge of data analytic techniques, including data mining and statistical analysis
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects at the same time, with limited day-to-day supervision
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with executives and clients
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Creativity, confidence, and flexibility
- Able to occasionally travel with limited notification (less than 2 weeks) with durations of 1-5 days
- A working knowledge of project management discipline
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required information systems or 4 years of senior level FMIS system administration
Essential Software Knowledge
- Ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of commercial-off-the-shelf fleet management information systems, including:
- Chevin’s FleetWave, AssetWorks’ FleetFocus FA or M5, Faster Asset Solutions’ FASTER C/S or Web;
- Technical and hands-on knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012, MS Excel, and MS Access;
- A working knowledge of Crystal Reports XI or newer versions;
- Knowledge of helpdesk software and CSA compliant procedures; and
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook for email and calendaring.
(1) MS SSRS, Crystal Reports
(2) MS Power BI, Pentaho, Tableau, etc.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “FMIS Administrator” or through the form provided below. No phone calls please.